Wednesday 13 February 2013

Dublin, Photo diary II



If you're in Dublin, and you've about twenty minutes to spare, you should definitely take the train to Howth. We did, and so we made the train ride to this lovely fisher village. When we went, there was a lot of wind and heavy rain, and so we didn't get to see the whole village - which was a big disappointment for me. Anyway, we took time to take some pictures while being there, even thought, I wish we had stayed a lot longer. But to fully see the village, you would need a whole day, and we didn't have that much time.








Back in Dublin City, there is Temple Bar, it's an area filled with different pubs and restaurants (but mostly pubs). It has a medieval street pattern, and it is here, ladies and gentlemen, that Dublin's nightlife comes alive! The must? You have live music. We got into different pubs and all had live music being played. You can find traditional Irish music or more modern sounds. It's really a lively place, and people were so nice.


In one of the pubs where we stopped, there was this pair of older gentlemen, singing popular Irish songs. Mark my word, these two knew how to make the pub sing along !






4 comments:

Joyce said...

Lovely pictures! That bar looks really nice!

Kristina said...

You have such a distinct way of editing your pictures. I'm quite jealous tbh - I'm still trying to find that, my edits are all over the place :(
I love your pictures, pity the weather wasn't a bit better - but then again, it's Ireland after all ;)

Unknown said...

Great photos! Really makes me want to go there once

Nieke said...

I've been in Dublin last Summer and remember all these spots. :) Loved the city, great vibe. Love your pictures as well. :)