Tuesday 5 February 2013

Dublin, photo diary I

Like I mentioned on one of my last posts, I went to Dublin with a friend for some days. After a first small disappointment - because I had something else in mind for the trip - I tried to emerge myself completely in Dublin and its atmosphere. And all I heard about Dublin, and Dubliners is true; yes, there is a lot of rain AND wind, people are extremely pleasant and helpful, they're very patriotic, their pubs are the best thing in the world, and Trinity College makes you dream.

But the thing I most liked was the atmosphere, I loved walking through the streets of Temple Bar and by the river. Or the music which filled some of the pubs we got in.. It was so incredible, I have no right words to describe some of my feelings. I think my pictures don't really show my love for this city, I have to admit; I wasn't thinking much about photography, and most of the places where we went, I wasn't allowed to take pictures (Book of Kells, National Gallery, ...). So photography wise, those picture are not that great, but they still hold a special place in my heart, so here you go.




 Welcome to Trinity College
 All I could think about was that Oscar Wilde used to study here. 
 I swear, the Trinity College Library was a Paradise to me; all those old books!



The bus we always took during our stay. I mean, why are our buses not as cool?

 So you can't go to Dublin, without at least visiting the Guinness Storehouse

 These are hops, they're one of the ingredients to make the Guinness Beer.











 At the end of the visit we got our own Guinness beer to try, and I admit it: I hated the taste. 
 Dublin, seen from above the Guinness Storehouse, just 2 mintes after taking this picture, it started raining.
Me and my friend, sorry for the bad quality.

7 comments:

Kristina said...

Your pictures are stunning - and omg, I remember that I too thought that dubliners were really nice and helpful!

Unknown said...

I would love to visit Dublin one day. Gorgeous pictures!

Emma said...

I totally love these pictures! They give me a very vintage-y feeling... if that makes sense, haha. You should totally start posting more, because you're talented :) Seems like you had a lovely trip!

Kati said...

What great photos!
And thanks so much for commenting!

Have a great week,
-Kati

Joyce said...

Lovely pictures! Dublin is on my places-to-visit list :)

The FourOhSeven said...

I feel you! I was there just last month and loved it (and Guinness hahaah)

True gem

Nieke said...

Love your pictures. So gorgeous! I love the coloring you use. Guiness beer is disgusting! I went to the brewery as well and it's so bitter, yikes! Other then that, Dublin is beautiful.